Sunday, February 22, 2009

It's Been a While

Well the title says it all, "It's Been a While." Actually, it applies to so many things, but let me just touch on a few of them.

First, yes it has been a while since I contributed to this "blog" of sorts. It actually wasn't supposed to be a daily blog per se, but a review for my then WoW buddies. I have known some of them for over the 2+ years I played WoW...and now probably closer to 4 years, since I still keep in contact with some of them out of the game.

I wanted to give a review of WAR for the few of them that were interested. Well, of course my opinion of WAR has changed since my open beta review. Please remember, it was all new and I only had a few days of playing it. Also, since it was all new there were lots of people around and they were all my level (all starting out noobs). As the game play developed and I leveled, it started to feel like the classic elements of "the grind." Questing and trying to get renown points.

It was all kind of fruitless; as well as, the bugs in the game and the eventual pitiful showing of the later PQs wasn't fun for me to play. And then, I eventually just did what I did in WoW. I logged in, did some scenarios (BGs), tried to see if anyone was in any PQs my level (the answer was 'no'), and then logged off.

I did some keep battles, but they weren't very fun either. I think I got to level 28 or something on my magus with the same renown and that was about it. I stopped playing about a month or so after the game went live. Even though I played on the most populated Open RvR server, and got into a pretty big and decent guild, the pvp/rvr was very minimal and the keep fighting wasn't particularly fun. It was more all about the zerg more than anything. I think I had another month left on my subscription but I just let it fade away.

The only fun parts were rerolling and playing up to level 10 in the beginning scenarios, but that wasn't worth paying $15/month for.

But finally...the wait is over. Dark Fall Online is suppose to be released in just 2 days!! Let me tell you something, I have seriously waited for this game for over 3 years. Yes, I logged back into my forum account on their web site and I joined in sept of 2005. I have been waiting and watching this game at least every few weeks to see updates and whatever was released on it...and finally it seems it will be released.

So...I have decided that I will try to do a daily blog of my game play of Dark Fall Online. Let's see how that goes, but I am hoping for the best.

No comments: